Soft Tissue &
Manual Muscle Methods
Myofascial/Soft Tissue Release
A hands-on methods of applying gentle yet firm pressure to the muslces and soft tissues to release tension and trigger points, restore proper motion, and enhance circulation
"Instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization that enables clinicians to detect and effectively break down scar tissue and fascial restrictions, as well as maintain optimal range of motion."
Active Release Technique (A.R.T.)
"A soft tissue system/movement based massage technique that treats problems with muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia, and nerves."
Specialized therapeutic taping that:
- Reduces pain and muscle fatigue
- Promotes blood flow for faster recovery
- Aids in injury treatment
- Facilitates neuromusculoskeletal rehabilitation
- Enhances biomechanics
Electronic Muscle Stimulation
- Electrical unit that uses adhesive electrodes to activate affected muscles and surrounding tissues.
- Contraction and relaxation of musculature aids in eventual retraining to a healthy state.
- Other benefits include: improved local circulation, decreased pain, and reduced muscle spasm.
- High frequency sound waves used to treat deeper injuries.
- Used to break up adhesive fibers, which contribute to keeping the soft tissues in a contracted state.
- Promote cellular healing and decreased inflammation
Moist Heat & Ice Packs
- The therapeutic application of either heat or ice, depending on the nature of the injury
- Relieves pain and muscle spasm
- Regulates local circulation and inflammation